BISHOP ABRAHAM ELEMENTARY
Grade 6 Farewell Slideshow
Class Supply Lists 2019-2020
Please click on the supply list below to view/download the list for next year.
Multicultural Fair Video
Multicultural Week Slideshow
Click this link to view the slideshow of pictures from our Multicultural Week. It was an awesome week during which students learned about different cultures. Many of our students presented at the Multicultural Fair last Friday. Enjoy!
School Closed Friday, June 14, 2019
The NLESD has directed, as required by the recent NLTA collective agreement, that all schools will close for 1 full day before the end of the school year to work on report cards. This full day is for the 2019-20 school year only. We will be closed on Friday, June 14th for all students.
School will reopen on Monday, June 17. It will be Day 7.
Last Day of School for 2018-19
School will close for the summer on Thursday, June 27, 2019. Dismissal is at 1:00 pm.
Lunch Program End Date
The last day for the Lunch Program is Friday, June 21st. All students are required to bring a packed lunch for the last week of school.
Final Student of the Month for 2018-19
The final Student of the Month Assembly will be held on Thursday, June 27 at 9:30 am.
We are a K-6 school located on 196 Pennywell Rd., St. John's. Our population is approximately 225 students. This our brand new website which is still undergoing changes. We hope you find it helpful as we will post important information here.
Sign Language Summer Program
NL Association of the Deaf has recently set up sign language a tween/teen program over the summer holidays for 8 weeks. The age group for the program is 10-18. Please click here to see the flyer.
Family Responsibility Zone Courtesy Stops
Please click on this link to view information about the new Family Responsibility Courtesy Stops.
Our fishcake order forms are due next Friday, April 5. They are $7.00 a package and you choose with or without onions.
Our Spring Fair is Postponed!
School Development Surveys
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s 2018-19 School Development Surveys will be available online beginning Monday, February 11th. All surveys are to be completed by Friday, March 15th. Please click on the relevant link below to access your survey.
Nominate your Favourite Crossing Guard
Do you know a crossing guard who has made an impact in your community?
Tell us about your favourite crossing guard:
- How have they kept kids safe?
- Why are they a good role model?
- Does your crossing guard do other activities in your community to promote safety?
- Remember to include photos or drawings, and letters from your students on why your crossing guard should be Canada's favourite!
Contest and Registration Details
- From February 25 to April 19, 2019, Parachute and FedEx Express Canada will be accepting nominations for Canada's Favourite Crossing Guard.
- We welcome students, educators, parents, and community leaders to recognize the contributions of those who play an important role in pedestrian safety by helping children make the safe journey to-and-from school. Encourage kids and schools you know to participate!
- To nominate a crossing guard, click the link below and then download the nomination form to complete the submission.
- Follow the hashtag #CANFavCrossGuard for updates throughout the contest and follow on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Deadline for submissions: April 19, 2019
Student of the Month Assembly
January 31 at 2:00.
Celebrate Family Literacy Day on January 27
We're counting down to the 20th anniversary of Family Literacy Day (FLD) on January 27! In celebration of this milestone, families are encouraged to "Take 20" minutes to make learning together part of their everyday.
We are pleased to provide free downloadable resources to promote your activities: